You are favoured by The Lord
By acknowledging and giving thanks for the little things, we open the door to the much
If nothing could stop you…
How much could you accomplish?
If you woke up tomorrow morning with an unfair advantage…
How far could you go?
If the universe worked with you and not against you…
How would your reaction to your circumstances differ?
Favour can change your life.
And whether you realize it or not, you are favoured.
You see, Jesus purchased favour for you on the cross.
He gave up His life so that yours could be abundant. (John 10:10)
In Romans 8:32, Paul asks, “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
But you say, “if you realized how difficult times have been…”
“If you could only see the trouble that I’m in…”
“Perhaps then you would see that I am not favoured at all.”
So where’s the favour?
Maybe the problem is that we don’t always recognize God’s favour.
And if we don’t recognize His favour, then maybe we don’t properly respond it.
I had lunch with a friend of mine this last week. He told me about some billboards he leased.
He paid for a single month blitz several months ago, but his billboards are still all over the city.
The leasing company has not been able to rent them to anyone else so they decided to keep them up until they do.
That’s free advertising and real money.
I was at another friend’s house a couple of weeks ago.
I made a comment about how beautiful his new retaining wall was (iron fence and all). He said MSD put that retaining wall and fence in for free.
Then there’s the story of the woman who got in a fender bender and missed a promising job interview.
She had been unemployed for months. She thought, “Why does everything seem to work against me?”
Little did she know she would be receiving a better paying job offer the next week.
If it had not been for the wreck, she would have never been in a position to take the better job.
That’s favour (even though she didn’t recognize it)!
Each and every day, God’s favour surrounds us.
Surely, LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favour as with a shield. – Psalm 5:12 (NIV)
Search for God’s favour and acknowledge it (even when it seems miles away).
Jesus said that if you are faithful over the little, you will be ruler over the much. (Matthew 25:23)
James wrote that every good gift is from God. (James 1:17)
So even when it seems like all hell is breaking loose…
Seek to recognize that one moment today that made you forget about your troubles, or that one thing that put a smile on your face.
Acknowledge these small gifts as signs of God’s favour.
Then give Him praise and thanks for them.
By acknowledging and giving thanks for the little things, we open the door to the much.
We produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good thing that is ours in Christ Jesus. —Philemon 1:6 (AMP)
Then, true to His word, God will pour out a blessing that we cannot contain. (Malachi 3:10)
Repeat after me…
Lord Jesus Christ, thank You for purchasing supernatural favour for me on the cross.
By Your blood, every aspect of my life is blessed and highly favoured.
Something good is going to happen to me today, and I am going to recognize it.
And when I do, I will acknowledge You and give You thanks.
Thank You Lord! Amen!
You should expect to find favour this week.
When you find favour this week, I want you to acknowledge it by sharing it with me.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Stay Away from Jezebel (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Timothy 3:16 is not referring to “The Holy Bible” (new.exchristian.net)
- Chosen by the Father (loopyloo305.com)
- ENT faith: Do yourself a favour (thesudburystar.com)
- God Loves It When You Prosper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 11 – Be assured You are Under His Watchful Eye,.. (atthetableoftheking.wordpress.com)
- Getting in touch with our only true Vine… (junjunfaithbook.com)
- 25 Famous Bible Verses (christianpf.com)
- Weeping will make way for Joy Everlasting (jesuscarriesme.com)
- The Gift (reflectionsintheword.org)