Culture of Envy
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Everything about our culture entices us to want more and to want better things than we already have.
We live in the most affluent yet the most unhappy nation in the world. This is the result of removing gratitude from our value system and writing a “more, more, more” attitude in. If we don’t want more and strive for more, we’re told we somehow don’t measure up.
The cure for envy and covetousness is found in gratitude and praise to God. Colossians 3:16 tells us that we should “let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.”
Today I want to bring a word to you to find a new measuring stick for yourself and others-let us measure ourselves by our obedience to God and by the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- 25 Famous Bible Verses (christianpf.com)
- God’s 10 Commandments and Jesus What Jesus said (jesusdidthis.wordpress.com)
- Chosen by the Father (loopyloo305.com)
- God is good all the time… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Simplicity That Is In Christ (christcenteredteaching.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Gives And… (pastorron7.wordpress.com)
- He is gigantic… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Standing For What Is Right………The Truth Is Not A Matter Of Perception (niecey456.com)
- The Blessedness of Possessing Nothing (malot21.wordpress.com)
- Friday Proverb – Envy Not the Oppressor (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Envy (ptl2010.com)
- “Fruit of the Spirit” (loopyloo305.com)
- Cultivating a Thankful Heart (angelamgarcia.wordpress.com)
- Ecclesiastes 4: We’re All Envious (journeymantom.wordpress.com)