Listening carefully to what God says
I rejoice at Your word as one who finds great treasure. . . . I love Your law.
Psalm 119:162-163, NKJV
When have you totally misunderstood God’s Word?
When He said, “Love one another,”
did you think He meant to tolerate sin? (1 John 4:7)
When He said, “in all things God works for the good,”
did you think that every story has a happy ending?
When He said, “I will surely bless you,” did you think that He
would make you healthy, wealthy, happy, and problem free? (Heb. 6:14)
Isn’t it amazing how we can misinterpret what He says? Listening carefully to what God says is important, because if we misunderstand what He is saying, we set ourselves up for disappointment, discouragement, and disillusionment.
So . . . would you be quiet and listen with your eyes on the pages of your Bible? Listen for His still, small voice to whisper to your heart through His Word.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Listening carefully to what God says (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Always Prepare Yourself” by Mrs Patricia Mavhandu, Wednesday Service, the 2nd May 2012. (kutamaphc.wordpress.com)
- Blessed Above All People (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Seek the Lord while he may be found (uphans7.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of reading the bible. Why should I read the bible? Why should I study? (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)
- First things; first! (thenoiseinmyheadtoday.wordpress.com)
- Stop – Listen – Examine (hillsbiblechurch.org)
- An Awakening (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- Walking After The Flesh (answersfromthebook.org)