Let Christ Live Through Us
Matthew 9:9, “And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.”
To “follow” means to come or go after; move behind in the same direction; to come or go with; to accept the guidance or leadership of; to adhere to the cause or principles of; to be governed by; obey; comply with (Jn. 10:27-29; Rom. 10:9-10, 13).
When a person first comes to Jesus, it is impossible to know everything that following Jesus entails. No one, however, should be fearful of making a total commitment because of some imagined problem that may never come to pass. There should be a willingness to forsake everything to follow Jesus. Once we make that decision, then Christ begins to live through us and we find a strength that is not our own, equal to whatever test we may encounter (Gal. 2:20).
It is Christ living through us that is the secret of victorious Christian living. It is not us living for Jesus, but Jesus living through us. Failure to understand this simple truth is at the root of all legalism and the performance mentality. The law focuses on the outer man and tells it what it must do. Grace focuses on the inner man and tells it what is already done through Christ. Those who are focused on what they must do are under law. Those who are focused on what Christ has done for them are walking under grace.
Just as the life of a root is found in the soil, or a branch in the vine, or a fish in the sea, so the believer’s true life is found to be in union with Christ. The Christian life is not just hard to live, it’s impossible in our human strength. The only way to walk in victory is to let Christ live through us.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I want to go to Heaven (lifeinabundanceinchrist.wordpress.com)
- Jubilate Sermon – John 16:16-22 (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- The Crown of Thorns (freestylechristianity.wordpress.com)
- The Smell of Grace to God is the Sweet Fragrance of Christ’s Sacrifice (darrellcreswell.wordpress.com)
- Walking After The Flesh (answersfromthebook.org)
- Free from the Stronghold of Spiritual Blindness (ptl2010.com)
- What do you see? Luke 9:23 (anointedplace.wordpress.com)
- The Excellence of Knowing Christ Jesus (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- The Parable of the Vineyard Workers (dailybibleplan.com)
- Thankful (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- Let Christ Live Through Us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The God Of This Very Moment (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let us unite under the name of Christ and find fresh unity among all believers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Ready! Jesus Is Coming Soon! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- If you are “in Christ,” be very encouraged! (crosswaync.wordpress.com)
- The Magnification of Christ (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- For the Grace of God has appeared (leadmeintheeverlastingway.com)
- Tozer Devotional-Christ Our Mediator (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)