Healing Is God’s Will
Leprosy was a hated disease and its symptoms are described in detail in Leviticus 13:1-46. This leper believed Jesus could heal him, but doubted His willingness to heal him. Jesus showed him His willingness to heal, and since He is no respecter of persons, He established a precedent for us (Rom. 2:11). This leper did not know God’s will concerning healing, but this is not the case with us. The Word of God is the will of God, and it reveals that it is always God’s will to heal.
Isaiah 53:5, makes it clear that when Isaiah said “with his stripes we are healed”, he was speaking of the physical healing of our bodies. Jesus provided for physical healing as well as forgiveness of sins. The very word “save” (Gk.-“sozo”) is translated “made whole” in reference to physical healing in Matthew 9:22, Mark 5:34, and Luke 8:48. James 5:15 says, “the prayer of faith shall save (Gk.-“sozo”) the sick.” Many scriptures mention the healing of our bodies in conjunction with the forgiveness of our sins. Healing is a part of our salvation, just as much as the forgiveness of our sins.
Nowhere do we find Jesus refusing to heal anyone. In light of Jesus’ statement that He could do nothing of Himself, but only what He saw the Father do (Jn. 5:19 and 8:28-29), His actions are proof enough that it is always God’s will to heal. There are certain things Jesus suffered for us that we should not suffer. Jesus died for our sins so that we would not have to pay for them (Rom. 6:23). Jesus took our sicknesses and diseases so that we could walk in health (Mt. 8:17; 1 Pet. 2:24). Jesus became poor so that we, through His poverty, might be rich (2 Cor. 8:9). If God be for us, then no one can successfully be against us.
The Lord has made every provision for you to walk in all He has provided for you today. Don’t put it off a minute longer.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Faith that is seen (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Are faith healers for real? (thatfaith.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In Christ Jesus we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We don’t stop preaching just b/c all people aren’t saved; we shouldn’t stop praying for healing just b/c all people aren’t healed (andrewejenkins.wordpress.com)
- Faith That Is Seen (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Touched By Love (pastorht.wordpress.com)