READ: 1 Corinthians 16:1-12
For a great and effective door has opened to me. —1 Corinthians 16:9
The Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard (1813–1855) wrote: “If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but . . . for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible.”
The apostle Paul saw some great ministry possibilities in his life situations. He used the open doors God provided to witness for Christ. When he was arrested in Jerusalem and appeared before Governor Felix, he used the opportunity to proclaim the gospel (Acts 24:24). While he and Silas were in prison, they shared the gospel with the Philippian jailer (Acts 16:25-34). And later Paul used his imprisonment in Rome as an opportunity to encourage the Philippian believers in their faith (Phil. 1:12-18).
In writing to the church at Corinth, Paul told the believers he wanted to visit and spend some time with them, but that he needed to stay in Ephesus because of an opportunity for ministry: “I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost. For a great and effective door has opened to me” (1 Cor. 16:8-9). And Paul also involved others by asking them to pray for open doors so he could speak clearly about Christ (Col. 4:3).
Ask God to show you possible open doors of service. You might be surprised at what you see. —Dennis Fisher
Jesus said to one and all:
“Take your cross and follow Me.”
When you sense the Spirit’s call,
Seize the opportunity! — Hess
God writes opportunity on one side of the door and responsibility on the other.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- You are won to win others, go out and win a soul today (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Letting Christ Live in Us (livinginthereign.wordpress.com)
- The sufferings of Paul (Couchoud continued) (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Open Door Doesn’t Mean Easy (the1stfollower.com)
- Resurrection Requires Death (captivatedbychrist.org)
- Open Doors (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Is Knocking (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The reason for Easter: His death on the cross provided the free gift of eternal life to all that accept it… (culturerestored.wordpress.com)
- Servant of his Father (christadelphians.wordpress.com)