Excited About Giving
For as touching the ministering to the saints [Paul is talking about giving to the saints], it is superfluous for me to write to you; For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many
2 Corinthians 9:1-2
Paul, through the Holy Ghost, was speaking to the Corinthian church. The Corinthians had been preparing for a long time to give to the saints. The Apostle Paul was boasting about their great enthusiasm, zeal and desire to give to the saints..
Paul walked into other places and says, “You don’t know about the church in Corinth. They were ready to give a year ago. They are so excited about giving!” Paul and those with him used this church as an example, to help other churches become more excited about giving. Obviously, this church was doing something right!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- 2 Corinthians chapters 8-10 (loopyloo305.com)
- Seek The Lord, Control Your Emotions and Then Act. God will take care of the rest (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 7-9 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- He Is Not Here: For He Is Risen! (pastorbobcrowder.wordpress.com)
- “Why is the truth of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ so important (jesuschristlordsavior.wordpress.com)
- Becoming a disciple: knowing that others will be encouraged by your gifts (hersandmine.wordpress.com)
- Heaven (johnreads.wordpress.com)
- Corinthians One and Two Introduction (westminsterreads.org)
- Easter Sermon: The Empty Threat of Death, I Corinthians 15:1-11 (apologus.wordpress.com)