Forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us.
Let the mercy of Jesus be your model
Jesus Christ is our Example
In 1944, during the horrible days of World War II, in the Ravensbruck concentration camp, Corrie Ten Boom and many other emaciated women worked long hours every day under the watchful eye of the prison guards. That year, Corrie’s sister, Betsie, died, a victim of the tortuous conditions.
In 1947, after the war, Corrie spoke to a group of Germans in a sparsely furnished Munich church basement. During her talk, she said, “Those who have been able to forgive their former enemies have been able to rebuild their lives…We, as Christians, have every reason to forgive each other, for our God richly lavishes His mercy on us.”
When she finished, she was approached by a balding, heavyset man in a gray overcoat. Horror filled her as she realized he had been one of the prison guards.
He thrust out his hand. “How good it is to know that, as you say, all our sins are at the bottom of the sea!” Dumbfounded, Corrie did not take his hand.
He went on, “I have become a Christian. I know that God has forgiven me… but I would like to hear it from your lips as well. Fraulein, will you forgive me?”
Corrie remembered how he had pushed Betsie with the butt of his gun. Slowly, her hand moved toward his. Their hands touched and she finally vigorously shook his hand. With tears in her eyes, she said, “I forgive you, brother…with all my heart.”
God loves us no matter what we have done. He forgives us when we ask. Since God richly lavishes His mercy on us, we must show mercy. And that means letting go of hurts caused by others.
Your View of God Really Matters …
If you have been offended, how does it compare with the experience of Corrie ten Boom, and Jesus, both of whom forgave their attackers. You can too. Let the mercy of Jesus be your model.
What More Does God Say?
Because God is merciful, He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely confess them.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Frayed But Not Torn (dshiflett.wordpress.com)
- The resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the dead changes everything (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Separated but Not Broken (dshiflett.wordpress.com)
- “Life is but a Weaving”-Corrie Ten Boom (sarahhollinger.com)
- The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Has Risen! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Kwaheri Kenya (denisearunge.wordpress.com)
- The Secret of Forgiveness (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- You are forgiven (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In Christ Jesus we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Because Jesus Lives (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness. (welcomingjesus.wordpress.com)