I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s Love (Romans 8:38)
God Is Love
Wandering, But Not Lost
But Robinson was an honest man, and he acknowledged his love for Jesus was not dependable. At times his well of his devotion ran dry. Troubled, he began to write out his thoughts and feelings, and finally produced a timeless hymn, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing .
As time moved on, he wandered farther and farther from God. He came to feel that the distance between God and himself had become too great to be reconciled. He was miserable man, consumed by his own guilt.
One day, riding in a stagecoach, a young lady was seated across from him. She was filled with the joy of Christ and could talk of nothing else. He was a captive audience. Handing a hymnal across to him she said, “Sir, I’d like your opinion of one of these hymns.”
Robinson looked at the page and found himself confronted by his own words. His throat ran dry. He began to nod slowly, the words finally followed: “I am the man who wrote that hymn,” he said. “Many years ago. I’d give anything to experience that joy again—anything.”
The young lady, although shocked, pointed to the lines he knew so well. She began to speak gently about the “streams of mercy, never ceasing” that were still deep enough to drown his tears. That day Robert Robinson, broken and defeated, rediscovered the love he had left behind.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Do you ever feel, like Robert Robertson, that the distance between you and God is insurmountable. If you don’t have a traditional hymnal, go online and search for “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” . Let the words sink into your heart.
What More Does God Say?
Because God Is Love, He Is Unconditionally Committed To My Well-Being
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing (thelivingletterchronicles.wordpress.com)
- Songs in the Night (frommyheart2u.wordpress.com)
- Old testament verses foretelling Christ (thatfaith.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Schedule of Services, 4.8.2012 (sovereigngraceanniston.com)
- We Celebrate Easter (conmakhalira.wordpress.com)
- The Goodness and Faithfulness CD Is Full of Goodness And Praise To God! (haroldcameron.wordpress.com)
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Fourteenth Station: Jesus Is Placed in the Tomb by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Heart of worship (sincerelycourtney.wordpress.com)