2 Corinthians 5:21
Six hours, one Friday. Mundane to the casual observer. A shepherd with his sheep, a housewife with her thoughts, a doctor with his patients. But to a handful of awestruck witnesses, the most maddening of miracles is occurring.
God is on a cross. The creator of the universe is being executed. It is no normal six hours. It is no normal Friday. Far worse than the breaking of his body is the shredding of his heart. And now his own father is beginning to turn his back on him, leaving him alone.
What do you do with that day in history? What do you do with its claims? They were the most critical hours in history. Nails didn’t hold God to a cross. Love did.
The sinless One took on the face of a sinner so that we sinners could take on the face of a saint!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Self Righteousness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What’s So Good About Good Friday? (richwendling.wordpress.com)
- Easter Mission (johnnysstudies.wordpress.com)
- Faith is… Receiving the Righteousness of God | “Faith is…” Series, Pt. 13 (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- The Life Giving Spirit: 2 Corinthians 3:6-11 (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- Righteousness verses Morality (joyousbells.wordpress.com)
- Question: What Is the Saddest Verse in the Whole Bible? (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)
- Righteousness (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Good Friday: An Agonizing Death (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- God’s Remedy (livinginthereign.wordpress.com)