God Of All comfort
Blessed be the . . . God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation.
How could Mary bear to watch her Son tortured? Yet how could she tear herself away?
Her entire body must have quivered as though from an electric shock as she heard Jesus calling to her from the Cross. Surely her breath caught as she strained to hear His words, yet He spoke clearly, “‘Dear woman, here is your son,’ and to the disciple [John], ‘Here is your mother.’ From that time on, this disciple took her into his home” (John 19:26-27, NIV). And somehow, even with the horror of the scene before her, and the weight of agony pressing against her chest, she knew everything was going to be all right. She didn’t understand, but in the midst of the anguish only a mother knows as her heart is shattered by the pain of her child, a quiet peace must have stolen its way within when God spoke directly and personally to her from the Cross. God had singled her out, He had noticed her, He had cared for her, and she was comforted.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Pour Out and Anoint This Broken Vessel (virtuouswoman73.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord teach us to pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Luke 4:1-13 (NIV) (wjd4u.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Prisce (uphans7.wordpress.com)
- Less than one week away! (tomroyreleased.wordpress.com)
- “It is finished” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Treasuring God by Knowing His Word! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- The Comfort of Discomfort (clayhearts.wordpress.com)
- God Is Your God, Not Money (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Blessing (achristianmeditation.wordpress.com)
- When God Doesn’t Answer Prayer (Reposted with permission of Sabbath Sermons) (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)