We inherit troubles when we disregard God and His Word
2 Chronicles 21:6
Our lives are full of decisions. From small ones, like what we have for dinner, to large ones like who we marry. No matter their size, they all impact our life somehow. In 2 Chronicles 21, Jehoram begins his rule of Judah by killing off his family and leading the nation into sin. This was not a decision that happened in a moment but probably was a result of a close relationship with a family known for their evil deeds. In essence, his bad decision to marry into Ahab’s family led to even worse decisions later.
All of us have big decisions to make, but none are more important than what we decide about Jesus. If you do not have a relationship with Christ, then you have to decide whether you will trust in Him for your forgiveness. If you have already been born-again, then you must decide if you are going to obey His commands. These decisions will impact our lives for a long time to come, even into eternity. So how do we make sure we are making wise decisions? We can read God’s Word. When we read the Bible and apply what it says, we’ll find ourselves making godly decisions that will impact our life and the lives of those all around us.
Life Lesson: We miss out on blessings and on the flip side, we inherit troubles when we disregard God and His Word.
Thank You for Your Word and the guidance it provides. Help me to make wise choices no matter the size. Keep me focused on You so that I can impact this world for Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Out Of Egypt (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Your Brother’s Keeper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give Your Life Away (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Why We Must Forgive (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Brokenness and Hope! (doublelattebooks.wordpress.com)
- Jesus as the Climax to God’s Revelation (anchorforthesoul.org)
- No Greater Joy (pastorron7.wordpress.com)
- An Inheritance (cbnindiablogs.wordpress.com)