2 Corinthians 2:1
“So I decided that I would not bring you grief with another painful visit.”
In 2 Corinthians, Paul recognizes a delicate balance in confronting, challenging and encouraging people in ministry. He had a deep love for the people of Corinth and because of that love, he needed to steer them the correct way. Unfortunately, even when there is loving intent, any corrective action can be seen as mean. This is why we must make every effort to walk in love and grace when we are confronting others or being confronted.
In those times of correction, emotions can run high and can often cloud our view of what’s really happening. Practice bringing your emotions under control so that you can be led by the Holy Spirit and not raw emotions. This is helpful on the receiving end of a correction, but is also important for those who must correct. Be sure if you are sharing with someone, you are seeking balance and not reacting out of anger or frustration. Seek the Lord, control your emotions and then act. God will take care of the rest.
Life Lesson: As followers of Jesus, the Holy Spirit should control our will, and our will should control our emotions. Our emotions should not control our will.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I praise You for Your grace towards me. While I deserve punishment, I am thankful for Your grace. Help me to respond to others with as much love and grace as You have shown to me. Give me a heart to love at all times and to offer correction when needed. In Jesus Christ Name! Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The COnfessions of your mouth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In the Spirit on the Lord’s Day (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Grace is sufficient for us, for His strength is made perfect in our weakness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 4-6 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- The Glory That Excels – Daily Devotion By Oswald Chambers (gospelbondservant.com)
- Becoming a disciple: letting grace fuel my life (hersandmine.wordpress.com)
- Organizing the Inside – Day 210 Not An Intellectual Matter (lizmason.wordpress.com)
- Learning from History (dailybibleplan.com)
- Freedom (jesusyouthtcr.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Betrayal and faltering loyalty to Jesus (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- God’s Remedy (livinginthereign.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World (pbus1.wordpress.com)