READ: Colossians 1:3-14
It’s easy to develop a critical spirit toward people who are not growing spiritually according to our expectations. We can easily spot areas of concern that need correction, but we also need to take note of what’s right. In his letters, Paul often needed to correct churches, but he also celebrated what was good.
In Paul’s letter to the Colossians, for example, he mentioned that the gospel had taken root and was producing fruit in the lives of the believers there (1:6). He celebrated them by directing his thanksgiving toward God for their spiritual growth. They had come to know Jesus and now were struggling against the false teachers (2:6-8). He thanked the Lord for their deep and abiding love for all the saints and for expressing tangible and sacrificial concern for them (1:4). Paul also thanked God because the Colossians’ faith and love grew out of their hope—the reality and assurance that this world is not the end (1:5).
Today may present us with opportunities to observe fellow believers. We can be critical or celebrate their spiritual progress. Let’s take the time to thank the Lord for the way the gospel of Jesus Christ has taken root and is producing fruit in their lives. —Marvin Williams
Help me, Lord, to reassure and strengthen
Others by the words I speak today;
I would always try to be affirming,
As our pathways cross along life’s way. —Hess
Correction does much, but encouragement does more.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jesus IS Lord in Colossians, and 1st & 2nd Thessalonians (defendingcontending.com)
- Celebrate The Truth (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Give Your Life Away (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let’s take the time to thank the Lord (apmadriaga.wordpress.com)
- THIS and THAT (godsgracegodsglory.wordpress.com)
- Identity (garrettventry.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Drink from His goodness… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)