A Sword, Stars, Candlesticks And The Seven Churches
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword:
and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength…. The
mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the
seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the
Revelation 1:15-16, 20
Imagine that you are John and you are doing your best to describe what
you’re looking at! He sees a number of things: seven golden
candlesticks, referring to the churches; and seven stars, referring to
angels. The purpose of the candlestick is to give light, and that is
the purpose of the church. If the church doesn’t bring light to people-light to its community and light to ignorance and darkness-if it
doesn’t reveal God and His Word and His plan, it is of no value.
Notice also that out of Jesus’ mouth-the image John is describing-is a
sharp, two-edged sword. A double-edged sword cuts both ways.
Some people think that when they read about the angel of the church
that it is referring to the pastor, but it is not. The angels provide
assistance to the pastor and to the church. The angels provide help to
all individuals who are born again. If you are an heir of salvation,
God has assigned you an angel that has been involved in your life to
the degree that you have allowed him to work for you. Scripture tells
you that you will eventually judge your angel. But I wouldn’t be too
fast to get on his case, lest he bring out the cameras, roll back the
tape, and document what you’ve been saying and doing!
Your ways are beyond my understanding. Your ways are higher than mine.
Thank You for Your Word and Your Spirit bringing light and life. In
Jesus Christ Name! Amen!
Think on These Things
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Bringing About God’s Will (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Two-edged Sword / The Armour of God (davidmathiraj.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Betrayal and Arrest Matthew 26:47-56 (loopyloo305.com)
- Could we take God’s Word Seriously? (genesistwoeighteen.com)
- A Sword, Stars, Candlesticks And The Seven Churches (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Must Build the Church (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Bible – Beginning to End: A Continuous Story (growingchristianwoman.wordpress.com)
- Acknowledged by Our Lord Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- New Songs by ReAsOn DiSciPLe (davidicalhiphop.wordpress.com)
- Churches of Revelation (divinityhc.wordpress.com)
- Things Your Pastor Won’t Tell You…Petty Foolishness and Other “Blessings” (theindwellinglight.wordpress.com)
- God’s Revelation of His Son (divinityhc.wordpress.com)
- The Word: A Double Edged Sword (seashoremary.wordpress.com)
- ReAsOn’s Story – The Call to Church by ReAsOn DiSciPLe (davidicalhiphop.wordpress.com)