The Pain of Betrayal
Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”
Luke 22:48, NKJV
Judas was one of Jesus’ very closest friends. He had been handpicked to be a disciple. He had been given the special responsibility of being treasurer for the entire band of disciples – a responsibility he had enjoyed as it gave him access to personal petty cash as well as prestige in the eyes of others. Yet it was this disciple who betrayed his Lord and Friend with a kiss! And although Jesus clearly knew the betrayal was coming, it was still a knifelike stab to His heart.
Have you ever been betrayed . . .
By a spouse who has taken a secret lover?
By a sibling who has stolen your inheritance?
By a co-worker who has taken the credit for a job you did?
If you have experienced betrayal, then you understand something of the stabbing pain Judas inflicted at the very outset of Jesus’ uphill struggle to the Cross and would resolve never to betray another.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- For how long will we continue to betray our God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Betrayal and Arrest Matthew 26:47-56 (loopyloo305.com)
- Judas: Betrayer or Friend? (carolynpriesterjones.org)
- Humble Submission (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Struggle within (lepages.wordpress.com)
- The Second Station: Jesus, Betrayed by Judas, Is Arrested by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Washes the Disciples Feet (He forgave their sin before they even committed it. He offered mercy before they even sought it) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- March 22 A Tragic End (wal365days.wordpress.com)
- Judas: Kiss of Death? (carolynpriesterjones.org)
- How often do you remember what Jesus did for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)