In Mark 2:27 Jesus said, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.” We live in a generation that works almost constantly, but God in His compassion knew that we needed to rest. He also knew that it would be increasingly difficult for us to slow down and spend time with Him with the many distractions of the world pressing in on us.
The Sabbath commandment is a wonderful example of the timeless truths that God handed down to establish walls of protection around our lives and to help us understand how best to interact with others and with Him.
God took centuries to boil the commandments down to “LOVE” because we first had to be taught what love meant. The first commandments are about loving God-the commandments that follow are about loving one another and ourselves.
I challenge you to put your work down. Observe a Sabbath day. Rest. Don’t push your body and mind to the point where it’s impossible to listen to the Spirit any longer. God Himself has asked you to take a break!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Remember the Sabbath Day by Keeping it Holy (communionwithjesus.wordpress.com)
- Keeping YAHWEH’S Sabbath (bloodofthelamb.wordpress.com)
- The Ten Commandments: Honoring God’s Sabbath (lbtk.wordpress.com)
- Those Commandments Say The Darndest Things (ldsconvertblog.com)
- It’s an ongoing thing! (minkyweasel.com)
- The Eternal Sabbath (godsgracegodsglory.wordpress.com)
- Do Christians have to obey the 10 Commandments and observe the Sabbath. (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- Strictly no healing on Shabbat … (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)