You are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
READ: Ephesians 5:1-10
To be honest, I wasn’t happy to be making another trip to the store. For the previous 4 weeks, my wife and I had been trying to get a refund for a bad refrigerator. As I spoke with the manager—again—it seemed that we were heading down another dead-end road. As we talked, I wondered if we would ever get our money back, but I tried to be gracious.
At one point the manager said, “By now, customers are usually yelling at me, but you’ve been so patient.” Then he said, “Let’s try something else.” He asked me some questions and punched some numbers into a cash register. After a short delay—and some stories about irate customers—the machine spit out a receipt showing a refund! Our appliance nightmare was over. “Thanks for being so good to work with,” he said as we parted ways.
While I think being nice when I didn’t feel nice helped in this process, getting refunds is not why we should show kindness to others. The real reason is that as Christians we are to reflect the light of Jesus (Eph. 5:8) on everyone—whether it’s an irate neighbour, a bumbling waiter, or a department store manager. Our speech and behaviour are to be a positive witness (Eph. 4:29-32; Col. 4:6). Are you facing a conflict? Let Jesus’ light shine through. —Dave Branon
As people of the Lord we’re called
To follow in His way;
And then all those who watch our lives
Will see Him on display. —Sper
People are attracted to Christ when you shine His light from your life.
Culled from: http://www.odb.org
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I AM WHO YOU SAY I AM – Germaine Copeland (cornerstonemontgomery.wordpress.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Shine Anyway (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 4v31-5v14 Our Christian Walk (boynhillbiblestudies.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning ~ Ephesians Week 9 (bonesinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning Girls ~ Ephesians Study Week 11 ~ (bonesinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning Girls ~ Ephesians ~ Week 10 (bonesinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Got a Dime to Spare? God did not spare His Son Jesus Christ out of love for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Withdraw from the Disorderly 2Thessalonians 3:6-15 (loopyloo305.com)
- Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. even so, Amen (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Loving God is always near (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)