The Name of Our Lord God
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
Have you ever used the name of the Lord against someone out of hate rather than relationship? Have you turned someone away or hardened your heart against someone, saying it was in the name of God?
This commandment warns us, “Do not use the name of the Lord in vain,” but it also includes using His name to sanction hatred, unforgiveness, or condemnation. Often this takes the form of Christians putting other people down, and then excusing themselves by saying they are just “hating the sin but loving the sinner.”
You’re not loving someone if you make them feel excluded, if you have chosen to tear them down or if your motivation isn’t love. It is our job to love-let God and the Holy Spirit deal with sins and change lives. Focus on giving bread to the hungry and comforting the lonely.
Romans 3:10 says “there is no one righteous, not even one!” Today I challenge you to avoid using the name of God to put anyone down. I believe we can do better.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord teach us to pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Showers Of Mercy and Grace (excitingandchallenging.wordpress.com)
- Are you the faithful steward? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Holy Spirit Please Open Our Eyes (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You have been reconciled to God through Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is A Personal Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Bringing About God’s Will (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Word Of God Is The Most Powerful Force Ever Released (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)