Love And Serve One Another
“And when they had come to him, he said to them: “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you, serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”
If you are living the same way you did before you met Jesus, then something is wrong. “Do you mean the bad things I used to do… like lying, drinking, and profanity?” Yes, but only in part because this kind of thinking is what’s wrong with the modern day church. We tend to focus on the ‘things’ we have turned from and not on the ‘One’ we’ve turned to. You see, we should be following Jesus. Jesus said “Follow Me” and “DO the things I do.” What did Jesus do? He reached out to the hurting, loved the unlovable, and He challenged the religious people of the day. We have made Christianity all about what we ‘don’t do’ so that when we don’t smoke dope or drink ourselves into a coma, we think we are living the Christian life. Certainly that is part of it, but it is when we love and serve one another that we are really living the Christian life. Look at the difference Paul made through his ministry. The world would never be the same because of the life of Paul.
Paul wrote, “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:1 NKJV
What is your commitment to God? You can judge that by your commitment to ministry, to the Church, and to serving others. Think about it. The fruit of our faith should be active. We should be ‘Bible-doing’ and not just ‘Bible-reading‘. It is my job to ask the hard questions and to help you with the answers. Here’s a hard question… Are you making a difference? You probably already know the answer, but if you are not serving the Lord and others, then friend, you are probably not making a difference.
Life Lesson: We should make a difference in this work for God.
Thank You for the gifts and abilities You have given me. Please forgive me for the times that I have failed to use them to glorify You by serving others. Please give me a burden for the hurting, the unlovable, the unsaved, and for my family in Christ. Give me opportunities to exercise that burden. Lord, I thank You for saving me from the bonds of sin. Please help me to serve You with all of my heart. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are all one in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Got a Dime to Spare? God did not spare His Son Jesus Christ out of love for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Quiet Walk (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- From Glory to Glory-the Seekers (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- An Interview With A Pearl (jamaljivanjee.com)
- Our Loving God is always near (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. even so, Amen (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (bummyla.wordpress.com)