Knowing God Is Our Greatest Treasure
Matthew 6:21, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
If isolated from the rest of God’s Word, there are some scriptures that could be interpreted to mean that having money or wealth is wrong. However there are other scriptures that speak of riches as a blessing. The harmony between these two apparently opposite positions is that money is neither good nor bad. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil, and many have committed the sin of loving money who don’t even have a dime (1 Tim. 6:10)! The love of things (covetousness) is idolatry, and this is what Jesus is addressing.
Because it is so easy to lust after money and the things it can provide, the Lord established a system whereby prosperity is a by-product of putting God first. As Matthew 6:33 states, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” We should no more reject the blessing of prosperity than we should covet it, which is idolatry.
The reason for not laying up treasures on this earth is so that we will not have our hearts drawn away from the things of God. A key to success in the Kingdom of God is singleness of purpose. We don’t have the capacity to do our best in two areas at the same time. If we will simply put God and His Kingdom first in every area of our lives, He will add to us all the wealth that we need. What is more valuable or important than knowing Him?
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Stewardship III: Treasures (darkenedglassreflections.wordpress.com)
- Treasures Of Darkness (makeithappenmoment.com)
- Are You “A Christian” Or Are You “Christian”? (ptl2010.com)
- The Treasure and the Pearl (thoughtfulspirituality.wordpress.com)
- Are You “A Christian” Or Are You “Christian”? (stevensawyer.wordpress.com)
- Never Enough (womanofthevine.wordpress.com)
- Love Or Profit Part Two. (lbfaith.wordpress.com)
- Who receives Understanding of the Scriptures? (jesuscarriesme.com)
- hope vs HOPE-True Prosperity (joshuapaulblog.wordpress.com)
- 3-19-12 A Body Prepared (pociluykos.wordpress.com)
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Got a Dime to Spare? God did not spare His Son Jesus Christ out of love for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Loves It When You Prosper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Loving God is always near (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Living Soul, God’s Seed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. even so, Amen (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Know God’s Voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)