God is A Personal Spirit
“Won’t You revive us again, so Your people can rejoice in You?” (Psalm 85:6)
For years, Evan Roberts yearned to preach the gospel. One day in 1904 while he was in prayer, God revealed to him that He was going to send a revival to Wales.
Roberts was a young Welsh miner with coal dust in his hair and grime beneath his fingernails. He possessed no skills as an orator. The only book he knew was the Bible. But his heart burned with a passion for God.
Roberts begged his pastor to let him preach. At first the bewildered minister said “No.” Finally, after much pleading, the pastor relented. “All right, Evan, you can preach following the Wednesday night service,” he said, “if anyone chooses to stay and listen.”
Seventeen curious seekers stayed behind. The young evangelist boldly proclaimed that he had heard from God. Although Roberts was unskilled in preaching, the pastor and those 17 church members began to burn with a fiery touch from God.
The next night more came to hear the young preacher, and the fire quickly spread to other churches. In the next thirty days, 37,000 people came forward to repent of their sins and receive Jesus. Within five months, 100,000 responded!
Just as God had shown him, Roberts saw the revival leap to England. There, an estimated 2 million people received Christ. Then the Holy Spirit coursed out into Western and Northern Europe, Africa, India, China, Korea and to America. Historians estimate that 20 million people began a personal relationship with Christ while this revival burned in America.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Does your heart burn with a passion for God? Have you confessed all known sin? Do you tolerate any doubtful habits? Do you listen for the Holy Spirit’s voice? Do people around you even know you are a follower of Jesus? Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Follow Jesus today.
What More Does God Say?
Because God is personal Spirit, I will seek intimate fellowship with Him!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Living Soul, God’s Seed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- How Ephesus Received the Gospel (brakeman1.com)
- The word of the Lord came to me saying. 3/25/12 (omharris.com)
- The Authority of the Gospel (airocross.com)
- What Think You of the Cross? (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Sermon: What Story Are You Telling? (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- The Trinity: Equal Deity (jellybeanyee.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Hypocrisy (ptl2010.com)
- Evangelizing Catechesis (catechesisinthethirdmillennium.wordpress.com)
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Commands in Suffering 1Peter 4:7-19 (loopyloo305.com)
- Great Sinner, Great Savior, & Glorious God (kevinnunez.org)
- The Bumper Sticker That Says it All (dailypeptalk.wordpress.com)