Do Not Worry
Luke 12:22 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life…”
Have you ever had a big moment clouded by some unexpected
circumstance? Everything you planned ahead about and were excited to share was overshadowed by one new stress after the other.
It’s like one minute the seas are calm, the next it’s the fifty year storm. In times like these it can be difficult to keep a level head.
Often we’re filled with frustration and anger and don’t know where to turn. Although it isn’t the easiest thing to do, this verse is spot on. Worry won’t bring us a better situation, it will only worsen our circumstances.
God commands us not to worry because He wants us to trust Him fully. He wants our attention not our worries. When life throws you a curveball don’t retreat, re-adjust.
Recognize that God is still in control and He wasn’t the least bit surprised by your situation. Think about it like this…
Have you ever heard an actor after winning an Oscar go on to thank worry? How about an athlete after winning a championship? Probably not, right?
That’s because worry won’t ever solve your problems. God knew this from the beginning and set out to keep us from falling into its trap. If you’ve been struggling to find peace, check your mind for worry and let go of it. Your best days are still in front of you. Trust God and ask Him for His guidance and He will not abandon you.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Just Believe (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Fret Not Thyself” in Psalm 37:1-13 (mindrenewers.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord teach us to pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Choosing To Trust God With My Illness Even When I Can’t See His Plan (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Son of hope: my story (listentothesoundofthesword.wordpress.com)
- Reasons To Pray (simpleme2.wordpress.com)
- You Don’t Have to Endure Alone (chosenvessel26.wordpress.com)
- God Loves It When You Prosper (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Know God’s Voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Living Soul, God’s Seed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- As we abide in Christ Jesus and allow His Word to reveal to us His will (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Chose You Too (bummyla.wordpress.com)