Labels and Pigeonholes
“Jesus touched lepers and loved foreigners and spent so much time with partygoers that people called him a lush, a friend of the riffraff. Matt. 11:19” MSG
Labels… He’s an alcoholic! (Translation: Why can’t he control himself!)
She’s divorced! (Translation: She has a lot of baggage!)
Labels relieve us of responsibility. Pigeonholing permits us to wash our hands and leave.
Jesus took an entirely different approach. He was all about including people! John 1:14 says in plain language, “The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighbourhood.”
Racism couldn’t keep Jesus from the Samaritan woman. Demons couldn’t keep him from the demoniac. The Bible confirms that when the time came, Jesus set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave.
You and I are going to come across some discarded people. Tossed out. Sometimes by a church. And we get to choose.
Neglect or rescue? Label them or love them?
We know Jesus’ choice! Let’s follow his example!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What Happen At The Well? (mypentecostalreformation.com)
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Reminding people of their failures is not a way to help them (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Cords of human kindness (charitygcsblog.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is alive today (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Know God’s Voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Chose You Too (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Messiah and the Samaritan woman (prhayz.com)
- Never Thirst Again (christisthekey.wordpress.com)