My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you
John 15:12, NIV
In the Old Testament, the meal offering consisted of fine flour that was ground to powder by being placed in a round hole, where it was grated by a square pestle. The flour was then mixed with oil, which represented the Holy Spirit. The oil and flour, thoroughly mixed together and offered to God, was a picture of a totally consecrated life.
Sometimes God puts us with someone whom He uses to grate us. For instance, perhaps you are very generous with your money, and you are married to someone who is so careful, he or she is almost stingy. Or perhaps you are very quiet, and God has put you on a committee with someone who talks nonstop. Or worse, perhaps you are a nonstop talker and you are on a committee with another nonstop talker! Instead of avoiding those with whom we are incompatible or just tolerating them, Jesus commands you and me to love them. And as we obey His command, He will use that person to grind off our sharp, impatient, un-Christlike edges.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Got a Dime to Spare? God did not spare His Son Jesus Christ out of love for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is good (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Measure of Our Love by Linda Hull (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)