No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it
“Woe to those who devise iniquity, and work out evil on their beds! At morning light they practice it, because it is in the power of their hand. They covet fields and take them by violence, Also houses, and seize them. So they oppress a man and his house, a man and his inheritance.”
In the verse above, we see those in power taking advantage of the people. The world believes that it is acceptable to take advantage of others for gain of position or authority. If you are a leader in the workplace, do you take advantage of the system to benefit yourself? Friend, let me make this more personal. Do you take advantage of your family, friends or co-workers for your benefit? When we get to know a person, we know how to set them off or manipulate them for what we want. That is ungodly and God does not bless the unbiblical practices of deception.
1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” NKJV
Even in times when it seems there is no other option but to bend the truth for your benefit, God provides a way out. Taking responsibility for your actions is an important characteristic of a Godly disciple. God will always honour you when you take responsibility for your mistakes, even when it’s difficult. Live out the Biblical model that God entrusted to you in regards to your relationships even when it doesn’t make sense.
In the end, it comes down to your making a decision about Jesus. How far will you follow Jesus in your relationships? Until it gets inconvenient – uncomfortable – what about when it becomes painful? Are you willing to follow the Biblical model all the way? What will you decide? Gain for yourself or lay your life down for the sake of the Gospel?
Life Lesson: One characteristic of a Godly leader is to do what is Biblical even when it causes personal hardship.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for continuing to do a work in my life. You have called me to live a disciple’s life, and I choose to honour You in living out the model You have set before me. Lord, when things get tough and I mess up, empower me with courage and strength to live out Your Truth and encourage others. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- How often do you remember what Jesus did for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- At peace with God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Testimonies (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Temptation & Our Own (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Temptation & Our Own (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is good (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Own Up to Guilt (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Glorify God in your body and Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When we see death, we see disaster. When Jesus sees death, He sees deliverance! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death (bummyla.wordpress.com)