He who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death. —James 5:20
READ: Proverbs 4:10-19
The Dalton brothers were infamous outlaws during the late 1800s in the US. They started out on the right side of the law as officers. But then they followed a gradual descent into crime and became known for bank and train robberies. Their day of reckoning came when they tried to hold up two banks at once. Hearing of the robberies, the townspeople armed themselves and began to fire on the Dalton Gang. When the smoke cleared, Emmett Dalton was the sole survivor.
After serving 15 years in the penitentiary, Emmett was pardoned and set free. While in prison, he had come to see the error of his ways. So when he was released, he wanted to deter young people from a life of crime. Drawing from his own experience, Emmett wrote and starred in a film about the Dalton Gang in which he showed the folly of being an outlaw. In many ways, Emmett’s film was telling others: “Do not enter the path of the wicked” (Prov. 4:14).
In a similar way, when we have sinned but have genuinely repented and experienced God’s forgiveness, we can tell our own story. We can encourage others not to make the same mistakes we have made. James wrote, “He who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death” (5:20). —Dennis Fisher
If others learn from our mistakes,
And it saves them from the pain
That we ourselves experienced—
Then it wasn’t all in vain. —Sper
When we learn from our mistakes, we are less likely to repeat them.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Kingdom of God 4 (ptl2010.com)
- The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Just Believe (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord teach us to pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A good leader is one who knows the way, shows the way, and goes the way (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Follow God’s Lead (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When we see death, we see disaster. When Jesus sees death, He sees deliverance! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Daddy, I need to hear your voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- At peace with God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is good (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God the Living Word (bummyla.wordpress.com)