God is Holy
Holiness cannot be hoarded!
“And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, and there is no sin in Him.” (1 John 3:5)
Do you strive to live a pure and holy life? What disciplines help you do that?
In the time of Jesus, there were religious experts called Pharisees. The highest value of life, in their view, was maintaining holiness—which, for them, meant not touching anything or anyone they might consider “unclean.” Holiness was a matter of staying on the defence socially, and avoiding certain people entirely.
What really bothered them about Jesus was the way He sought out “unclean” people—those with diseases, those with clear and unmistakable sin in their lives. Wasn’t He forfeiting His personal purity by associating with lowly individuals? It seemed an outrage! Yet Jesus led history’s holiest life even while seeking out those who needed to see and touch true purity. And in Him, they touched it. Perhaps one of the great secrets of holiness is that it can’t be hoarded.
Life demands a certain balance. We don’t want to spend time with those who can pull us down; we want to steer clear of temptation. But our holy God wants us to share true purity with those who desperately need it. He wants us to bring healing and hope, just as His Son did.
Your View of God Really Matters …
We are a reflection of God’s pure light to an unclean world. How will your light touch the darkness of another life today? Don’t hoard your light.
What more does God say?
Because God is holy, I will live a holy life in an unclean world!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Our Lord’s model prayer (thelivingmessage.com)
- Christ Gives the Victory (gospelbondservant.com)
- The Lord’s Prayer (inhisservicetilhecomes.com)
- day 3 (hebendsdown.wordpress.com)
- “I cannot do anything on my own.” Jesus (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- For Your Good (thisonewillbeourpeace.wordpress.com)
- Angelic Words for home | Angelic Words (angelicwords.wordpress.com)
- Jesus forgives sin- and cleanses us of its effects (andrewejenkins.wordpress.com)
- Spirit, Soul, and Body: how the Old and New Covenants differ in emphasis (briancoatney.com)
- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Own Up to Guilt (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is good (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Glorify God in your body and Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When we see death, we see disaster. When Jesus sees death, He sees deliverance! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- At peace with God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)