A mound of clay, by itself, is not a very beautiful thing. It may have some intrinsic value but in the end, it’s still a pile of dirt. That is, until the potter gets a hold of it. Once the potter gets involved, this pile of dirt begins to take shape. As the potter presses in, the clay becomes thinner. The potter then reaches into the center and is able to scoop out all the excess clay within. While the clay began as a formless pile of dirt, it ends up as a beautiful masterpiece.
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” NLT
When God found us, we were like the clay–dirty and formless. We may have tried to mould ourselves but only the potter is able to mould the clay. Once the heavenly Potter came into our lives, He began moulding and shaping us into the image of His Son, Jesus. With each firm press of His hand, we are changed. With every scrape of His tools, sin falls from our life. This is our Heavenly Father at work and while it is painful, it is worth it. God knows what we need and He is the perfect potter who’s loving hands will sculpt our lives into something far greater than we could every understand. All we have to do is let Him.
Life Lesson: God desires to make a masterpiece of your life.
My Heavenly Potter Lord,
I am sorry for my resistance to Your hands in my life. I know that I need to be moulded more into Your image, and I ask that You would place my life onto Your potter’s wheel. Carve off the sin in my life and shape me into a vessel that can be used for Your Kingdom. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May The Good Lord Save Nigeria And Israel From All Our Enemies And Prosper Us Beyond Our Imaginations, In Jesus Christ Mighty Name We Pray, Amen!
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do You Believe in Christ Jesus? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 2:4-7 – Conversations with God (thimblefulloftheology.wordpress.com)
- There’s Power In Consistency (thepowertocreate.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Futility (ptl2010.com)
- Discipleship (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are all one in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are gods (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Your Name is a confession (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)