Now it happened, when I returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple, that I was in a trance and saw Him saying to me, ‘Make haste and get out of Jerusalem quickly, for they will not receive your testimony concerning Me.’
In Acts chapter 22, Paul is sharing his testimony with an enraged group of Jews who were seeking to kill him. Notice, however, what Paul does NOT share in his testimony to these men. Paul isn’t saying anything about how difficult his life has been since he became a Christian. Certainly, he could have. Paul endured incredible hardships during his ministry. He was beaten many times; he was stoned with rocks, shipwrecked and imprisoned. Paul could easily have said, “Well, life’s been pretty hard since Jesus saved me. I’ve been beaten, shipwrecked and imprisoned and now, once again, people are trying to kill me.” Instead, Paul puts the focus on Jesus…and so should we. Brothers and sisters, when sharing your testimony, don’t talk about the difficulties in your life. Jesus told us that in this world we would have tribulation, but He didn’t stop there.
Jesus said, “Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33b NKJV
To talk about trials will only push people away. Talk about Jesus and salvation through Him.
Life Lesson: When sharing, always keep Jesus the focus. Keep the main thing, the main thing.
Thank You for the life You have given me. Lord, when You bring me the opportunity to speak to someone about my testimony, help me to always keep Jesus the main thing. Please do not let my words get in the way, but let the Holy Spirit speak through me so that Jesus will be seen. Thank You for giving us Your Word to learn and obey. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen
May The Good Lord Save Nigeria And Israel From All Our Enemies And Prosper Us Beyond Our Imaginations, In Jesus Christ Mighty Name We Pray, Amen!
- How often do you remember what Jesus did for you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lord teach us to pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith. Just Believe (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are not saved by our good works, but saved in order to do good works (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are all one in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Glory-the Manifest Presence of God (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points from February RCCG Holy Ghost Service “Lift Up You Head Oh Ye Gates” Psalm 24:7 (bummyla.wordpress.com)