God’s Rich Mercy
“Because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace you have been saved.”
Scott was a teenage gang member who lived in an eastern U.S. city. At 14 years old, he killed another gang member in a street fight. He was convicted and sent to a juvenile prison. While there, he attended a Bible study. Scott soon recognized that God’s mercy extended even to him. Though feeling terribly unworthy, he received Christ as His Savior.
While in the juvenile prison, he met regularly for Bible study. Still in his teens when he was released, he did not want to go back to the inner city environment. Extending God’s mercy, the Bible study leader took Scott into the home he and his wife had established as a discipling center for young men who showed genuine commitment to Jesus Christ while in prison.
Scott spent two years there. He made such progress – completing his high school degree and growing as a Christian young man – that he was accepted as a student at a well-known Christian college. As a student, he began sharing the love and mercy of God with other young men incarcerated in the state juvenile detention centers. Now, he wants to minister to inner city youth who are without hope.
God’s mercy does not end with the forgiveness of our sins. He has a plan for our lives that will bring us to maturity in His grace. Have you experienced God’s rich mercy? He gives it in unlimited abundance.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Whether you are a “good” person or guilty of horrible sins, you are still in desperate need of God’s daily mercy. Recount areas in your life where you need God’s mercy, then thank Him by faith for it. Now let God pass on His rich mercy to others through you.
Because God is merciful,
He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely confess them.
- A God of Mercy (nelsoncountybaptistchurch.com)
- (becoming) closer to God through Proverbs 6, part 1 (awomanforhim.wordpress.com)
- God’s Mercies (thepowertocreate.wordpress.com)
- Our God Is a Wonderful God (lifereference.wordpress.com)
- Praise comes naturally when you count your blessings (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord isMerciful (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is Merciful (commconn.wordpress.com)
- The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, (uphans7.wordpress.com)