When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.
Isaiah 43:2, NIV
Have your thoughts been similar to these?
God, where have You been?
Why did You let this happen?
I just don’t understand.
Are you overlooking the fact that Jesus has drawn near to you?
Are you blinded to His presence by your own tears?
Are you deafened to His gentle voice by your own accusations?
While God doesn’t always answer our prayers the way we ask Him to, He does promise in His Word that He will be present with us in the midst of our suffering and pain. He said, “Fear not. . . . When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. . . . For I am the Lord, your God . . . your Saviour; . . . you are precious and honoured in my sight, and . . . I love you” (Isa. 43:1-4, NIV).
- I lay my sins on Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is my Shepherd (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our hope rests in God alone (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Forgetful Servant (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Encouragement for Today (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- A Widow’s Cup of Faith! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Knowing God in a personal and permanent relationship is the ultimate human experience (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Values Life (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- smile (liveloveandpray.wordpress.com)
- Taking Hold of God’s Promises (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- New wine, new wineskin (freedomarc.wordpress.com)
- “Every precious blessing” (eardstapa.wordpress.com)
- Love Or Profit Part Two. (lbfaith.wordpress.com)