God‘s commandments are not intended to make us miserable–they’re meant for our own happiness
COMMANDMENTS LEAD TO HAPPINESS
Matthew 5:32, “But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, save for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.”
Malachi 2:15 says God hates divorce. God doesn’t hate the people who divorce. He hates the act of divorce because of the damage it does to people. God loves people.
Today, people see divorce as an easy way out of marital problems. But this is based on the misconception that the mate is the problem–which is rarely the case.
People who blame their mate for their problems give in easily to divorce, thinking that a new partner will solve the situation. Yet second marriages have over twice the failure rate of first marriages. That’s because we take ourselves and all our unresolved problems into the next marriage.
You can’t control other people–not even your mate. But through obeying the Lord, you can control yourself and have fullness of joy. God’s commands tell us what will produce true happiness for us.
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Divorce and the Scorn of Religion (homophilosophicus.wordpress.com)
- Divorce and Remarriage…”The Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth” (pilgrimpassing.wordpress.com)
- When I commit adultery (cinhosa.wordpress.com)
- Get Rid of Sin – just Legalize It (relijournal.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Divorce (ptl2010.com)
- My husband wants a divorce (reneamac.com)
- The Sad State of Marriage (bcmom.livejournal.com)
- Marriage, Divorce and Re-Marriage? (wayanguntukwang.wordpress.com)
- Soul Mate (cleanheartformen.org)
- Sermon for March 11, 2012 (builtonjesus.org)
- “Whoever relaxes one of the commandments “ (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)