God still speaks
……but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my Word. Isaiah 66:2b
One clear fact from the scriptures is that God speaks. Psalm 62:11 say: “God has spoken; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
There is power in every Word of God. It is therefore very important that you hear what God is saying to the church (Revelation 2:7). When the Lord speaks, it is sometimes quiet especially when He speaks through the still small voice. At such times, if you are not quiet and sensitive, you may miss what He is trying to say. This is why Exodus 15:26 says you must diligently hearken to all He has to say. It is common for people to listen to the sweet and interesting passages of the Bible but skip the aspects that are hard to receive. A wise fellow will listen to all and observe everything.
Every year, the Lord gives us prophecies and warnings. Many people ignore the warnings until they see what prayer could have prevented, happening in their midst. When the Lord speaks of some unpleasant occurrences, it is to inform us before hand so that we are not caught unawares. If He says war is coming, it is either you run or get ready. I would prefer the fellow who would criticise and warn me so that I do not get into trouble to the fellow who will assure me all is well, but I get into an unknown trap. Those who rebuke you or show you those your short comings are your true friends. The one who says there is no one like you will be there to repeat that when you have died out of carelessness. It is truth that sets free. Until you access the truth, you will remain in bondage. What do you want to hear? Do you crave for patronising messages or do you want to hear the truth?
The type of message people want to hear influences where they worship. Are you where you are because of what you want to hear or because of what God wants you to hear?
- When you follow Christ, it is what you seek you will get (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Things Belong Unto The Lord Our God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Truth in all its Splendor (livingontilt.wordpress.com)
- Then Moses turned again (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Who Are Kept by the Power of God Through Faith (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- The Truth in all its Splendor (livingontilt.wordpress.com)
- Real Transformation? Begins With Inner Transformation! (menofredemption.wordpress.com)
- God Knows What We Need (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Your God Will Bless Your Work And Fill Your Barns With Corn. He Will Bless You In The Land That He Is Giving You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon for March 11, 2012 (builtonjesus.org)
- Why don’t we accept the simple truth of God’s love? (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- Finding Rest at the Feet of Christ (youthzeal.wordpress.com)