Wealth is good but to God, there is nothing good in the wealth of a sinner. In fact, wealth obtained through the machinery of sin is an abomination to Him. The sinner’s wisdom cannot save him because rather than sincerely look up to God, he depends on himself and gave himself credit for all his achievements. Nebuchadnezzar is an example in this regard. God’s judgement came on him while he was busy beating his chest and ascribing glory to himself for what God had done (Daniel 4:28-32). Are you taking credit for your exceptional abilities at work, school or ministry? Do you think the reason you have your wife and children is because you are a special breed? No, it is because of God, not you.
If God’s children would fear God and live holy, the wisdom they would get from God will not only give them wealth but also life, with health and safety from evil men and women. It is good to have a spouse but having an evil wife or husband means experiencing hell on earth. That shall not be your portion, in Jesus Christ Name! Amen! Wise people know that riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death (Proverbs 11:4). When God is angry with an individual and decides to bring judgement on that fellow, the wealth of such a person will not be able to deliver him in that instance. Do you trust in your riches? Proverbs 11:28 says you shall be disappointed. If you are trusting in your wealth, singing your own praises over achievements, remember that God will not share His glory with any man! You re what you are today only by God’s grace. Proverbs 4:10 says if you are wise, you will have life in addition to wealth. Holiness brings this life. Living an unholy life could lead to material and spiritual poverty. God wants you to be holy because He is holy. He wants you perfect because He is perfect. If you seek His kingdom first and His righteousness, all the blessings you desire shall be added to you.
Examine yourself and identify areas you are taking credit for excellent performances.
Repent and return the glory to God!
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You’ve been blessed to be a blessing (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus….just to Take Him at His Word (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Self Righteousness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Five “Betters” in the Bible on Wealth (joyofthemaster.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for March 2012 RCCG Special Holy Ghost Service “Let The Fire Fall” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Seeking Wisdom: The Great Danger of Pride (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- He Is the Radiance of the Glory of God (allsufficientgrace.wordpress.com)
- A Series: A Proverbs 31 Woman (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- March 11 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- Got Wisdom? Need Some? (gracefullwomen.com)
- Words OF Wisdom (kjvbiblequotes.wordpress.com)
- Wealth And Wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Gives The Power To Get Wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Gives the Power to Get Wealth (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Day 3 – Wisdom’s Power (31daysofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 5:1-2 (proverbialthought.com)
- Day 2 – the Lord Gives Wisdom (31daysofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- The Birds of Heaven (brakeman1.com)
- Psalm 112: How to Handle Wealth (joyofthemaster.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Foolishness (ptl2010.com)
- (becoming) closer to God through Proverbs 6, part 2: haughty eyes (awomanforhim.wordpress.com)