Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, “Thou art old and stricken in years and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed” (Joshua 13:1).
According to Galatians 3:2-3 you need to ask yourself how close you are to your goal, for it is possible to start in the Spirit and end in the flesh. Did you start your marriage, church project, career, or business by divine direction but today you are the one in charge, not God? If so, you are father from your goal than when you started. If you do not make a U-turn, you may end up in a totally different location from what you expect. Many people have lots of credits to their names, yet they are far flung from God’s ultimate goal for their lives. Let us take Joshua as a case in point. In Joshua 13:1, God told Joshua – Moses’ successor – that although he had succeeded in bringing the Israelites into the Promised Land, he still had so much undone vis-à-vis his age. The issue is not whether you achieved or accomplished one, two or three things for God, but whether you achieved all Heaven expected you to within the time set for you. Believe it or not, you have a limited time to accomplish Heave’s assignment on earth. Jesus Christ had only three and half years to do all He did. John the Baptist also had a very short time to operate. Are you able to maximize your time doing all that God wants you to do?
God told Joshua at the age of 110: “You are far behind in my programme. This is where you are, but that is where you are supposed to be by now”. Do you know that some of us preparing for retirement still have lots of work attached to our names? This means if you do not satisfactorily answer the question: “How far am I from my goal? Before contemplating retirement, you just might be deceiving yourself. Retirement is good only if Heaven’s Report Card says you have finished your work. When you get to that juncture, you will know. When Paul got to that point, he knew and told the brethren, “I have finished my course; what is left is my heavenly reward.” Are you thinking of retiring? First consult Heaven to know your true location, lest you go into premature retirement.
Some people have retired prematurely. If you are in this category, ask for forgiveness and return to finish your assignment.
Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What if God Said, “You Are Going to Die Tomorrow?” Numbers 27:12-13 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About the Promises of God (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Scriptures to celebrate Resurrection Sunday (firstbaptistredoak.wordpress.com)
- Galatians 3:1 (gracegalatians.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – What goes down must come up (ptl2010.com)
- The Resolution. (hscraig.wordpress.com)
- Exodus 2:23-25, Philippians 1:6 “Work It Out Lord” (recoveredheart.com)
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- Riches in Christ Jesus! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)