Matthew 5:29, “And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.”
Is Jesus advocating dismembering of our bodies? Quite the contrary. He is drawing on the universal drive within every person of self preservation to make a point. If you value your body highly enough that you would never sacrifice one of its parts, then you should esteem your spiritual well being much higher.
Ever since the fall of Adam and Eve, man’s priorities have been misplaced. Great effort is put into preserving our physical life while our spiritual condition is often overlooked. It constantly gets put on the “back burner” while we tend to more urgent matters of this life.
Yet our physical bodies are just temporary. If we live 70 years or more, that is just a fraction of a second in the light of eternity. Our spiritual man lives forever. The state in which it exists is determined by choices made in this life.
Therefore, choose to make your spiritual condition your top priority. Spend more time on your spiritual well being than you do your physical well being. You and everyone around you will be eternally grateful that you did.
- Spiritual Blessings For The Battle Within (chanmunwai.wordpress.com)
- Why Are We So Spiritually Weak? (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Spiritual Selling and Buying (maryharristodd.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Health (milenanik3.wordpress.com)
- 6 Toxins That Affect Our Walk With God – Sex – Day 1 of 7 (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)