Don’t Tolerate Temptation! Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7, NKJV
Temptation, whether in the form of a serving of birthday cake when you’re fasting or the bed of your neighbor’s spouse, intensifies through toleration. The toleration leads to a preoccupation of thoughts, and it’s not long before we reach out to touch it. At that point, there is almost no turning back.
What temptation have you tolerated, thought about, touched, and toyed with? “It’s just one more glass of wine.” “It’s just a little harmless flirtation.” “It’s just a magazine at the checkout counter.” “It’s just one date.” Watch out! If you tolerate it, think about it, and toy with it, you are just a step away from actually doing it. So . . . instead of tolerating sin, turn from it NOW!
- Praise defeats the enemy (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Forgiveness Is Complete In Jesus (mylordisjesus.wordpress.com)
- Facing Temptation (marylhamilton.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Temptation & Our Own (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- Jesus’ Temptation & Our Own (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- Temptation (madrasyouth.wordpress.com)
- January 30 – Stay In The Fight (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)
- January 22 – Can I Resist the Temptation? (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)
- The Works of the Devil, and the Incredible Power of God (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- At the end of every trial – lies the blessing of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)