READ: Zechariah 3:1-5
I have removed your iniquity from you. —Zechariah 3:4
The Devil and Daniel Webster” is a short story by Stephen Vincent Benet. In it, Jabez Stone, a New England farmer, has such “bad luck” that he sells his soul to the devil to become prosperous. Eventually, the devil comes to collect Jabez’s debt. But the eminent lawyer Daniel Webster is called in to defend him. Through a skillful series of arguments, Webster wins the case against the devil, and Jabez is saved from perdition.
Of course, this tale is only fiction. But the Bible records a vision in which Satan accuses a believer before the Divine Judge. Joshua, a high priest, stands before God. As a picture of his personal sin and guilt, the priest is dressed in filthy clothing. Nearby, Satan accuses Joshua. But the Angel of the Lord rebukes him and says to Joshua: “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes” (Zech. 3:4).
Only God can make a sinner acceptable to Him. And the New Testament tells us how: “If anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1).
Do you feel unworthy to enter the presence of God? Remember, as Christians, our Savior’s blood has cleansed us, and Christ Himself represents us. —Dennis Fisher
The power of God can turn a heart
From evil and the power of sin;
The love of God can change a life
And make it new and cleansed within. —Fasick
Justification means our guilt gone, Christ’s righteousness given.
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ appearing (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Absolved Only Through the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- A Day to Remember (sabbathsermons.com)
- Have you been hurt or betrayed by someone very close to you? (spnig.wordpress.com)
- Pray the Prayer of Jabez for it is a Prayer of Deliverance (justprayno.org)
- In Christ Jesus we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Solution to Sin (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Conclusions From Calvary (jackwoodard.wordpress.com)