God will share His glory with no man
We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).
God will share His glory with no man. If you are not passionately pursuing the glory of God, He is not hanging out with you because He won’t share His glory. The reason He has saved you, the reason He elected you, the reason you are a child of God is to make you part of the community of people called the church, which exists for His glory alone.
We are dealing with the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Creator of the universe, and we just give Him the leftovers in our lives. We are reluctant to adjust to what He wants. We won’t redo our schedules or our plans because this is our life. But to ascribe glory to Him is to give Him recognition and authority in our lives. Jesus said in John 17:4: “I glorified You . . . having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.” Remember also that Jesus prayed before His death: “For this purpose I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your name” (John 12:27-28). Christ died for the glory of God.
Can you say that in difficult times you will submit to the Lord’s purpose and trust that He will be glorified? God uses all things for His glory. Once we look into the mirror of His glory, we will find that He can transform our hearts, and whatever He wants us to do, He takes responsibility for providing for it to be done.
Whatever you do in word or deed, He wants you to wake up, and go to bed, with Him in mind. And if you do, He’ll transform you.
- You’ve been blessed to be a blessing (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Arise and shine for the light has come and the gloryof the Lord has risen upon you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Glory or MIne? (agoldentreasury.com)
- A Time of Great Glory (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- Why do I live for God’s glory? (herewearewhatnow.wordpress.com)
- The God of Glory (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- Because God Never Changes, My Future Is Secure And Eternal (bummyla.wordpress.com)