Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth
1 Corinthians 13:6
“[Love] does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.”
Many years ago a popular Christian group wrote a song titled, “Luv is a Verb.” While their spelling may have been off, the truth of the song was not. Love is not simply a feeling or intellectual process but an active expression. This view of love seen in scripture is purposeful and benevolent. It actively engages others, thinking of them above ourselves. Biblical love is not hindered by anything but seeks with passion to be shared with anyone and everyone.
How is this possible? How can we even begin to love in a way that looks for opportunities rather than excuses? Simply put, we plug into the source of love. Friend, the God of all creation left everything in heaven for you and me. He stepped from the throne of God and wrapped Himself in our weak flesh in order to die on our behalf. That kind of love is life changing. That kind of love will fuel our lives so that we too can love like our Savior. Today, seek out an opportunity to love. Whether it’s a kind word, act of service or a merciful response, let’s love like Jesus. That kind of love will never be stopped – no matter how you spell it.
Life Lesson: Love will find a way. A lack of love will find an excuse.
I praise You for the amazing love You have shown me. Help me to grasp this love so that I will be equipped to love others in the same way. Strip me of any excuses and use me to reach others with the love of Jesus. In His name, Amen.
- THE GREATEST IS LOVE-1Corinthians 13 (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- Boundaries… (fullofhisgrace.wordpress.com)
- Rejoicing in Suffering (craigsturm.wordpress.com)
- Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Perfection of Love (bibletweets.wordpress.com)
- The Life of Love (the1stfollower.com)
- Love Is… (thecovenantof1.wordpress.com)
- What the World Needs Now Is…. Love Sweet Love!!! (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Love of All (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Rejoice Because of Answered Prayer Psalm 28 (loopyloo305.com)
- Rejoice always (elcafe37.wordpress.com)
- Wherever and However Christ is Preached I will rejoice and do rejoice! (haroldcameron.wordpress.com)