If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. (John 7:37)
God’s call is unto rest and peace! When He called on erstwhile blind Bartimaeus, it was obvious that certain good things were about to follow. First, after tat call, Bartimaeus threw away his garment of sorrow. Then, He asked him what he wanted. As soon as he mentioned his need for healing, h got it instantly. He said he was tired of darkness and light suddenly came. The same fellow who had been dependent on people, begging daily suddenly became financially empowered and was able to cater for his needs. Lastly, the same people who hated him for nothing, and had asked him to keep quiet, were the same people who cheered him up and led him to his miracle (Mark 10:46-52). Have you been called by God? Your Call is to rest, and peace.
In addition, He calls unto satisfaction! In John 7:37-39, He invites you to come and drink so as to quench your thirst. There are many around us who do not know the meaning of satisfaction. They have money to buy whatever they want but they are never satisfied. Satisfaction cannot be brought. Jesus is the One who gives satisfaction. I once spent a night at the house of a wealthy man. At breakfast time, he spent almost an hour deciding how he wanted his eggs served. When his servants were through with his orders, they asked me what I wanted and I simply asked them to put everything on the table, for me to choose from. When Jesus calls you, it is a call to satisfaction. No matter how little you eat, you are satisfied. In addition, God’s call gives you victory over death. If you are called by God, you fear no death. Hence, David says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
His call is all – encompassing. For everyone who has been called, God has something special in reserves to back up that call. He has not called you to sorrow, demotion, lack or destruction. Accept His call because it is the highest call you can ever have.
A call to repentance is the most foundational of all calls. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ, heed this call now!
- Thirsty? But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I’m Thirsty (nodogshere.wordpress.com)
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God leads me beside the quiet waters, He restores my soul. Hold onto Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The COnfessions of your mouth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Presence Of Spiritual Thirst (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Thirsty For the Living Water (pbus1.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for March 2012 RCCG Special Holy Ghost Service “Let The Fire Fall” (bummyla.wordpress.com)