Every one of God’s children has a hedge of protection around them; put there by God Himself, whether they know it or not. It is important to know that you are the only one who can break this hedge of protection and allow the enemy access into your life. In the opening Scripture, we read that the one who breaks the hedge has opened the way for the serpent to bite him and the serpent is symbolic of the devil. You must realize that the devil has no right and no business pulling his strings in your life; however, if you break the hedge, then you leave yourself exposed.
So, how can one break the hedge? Through speaking negative words, contrary to God’s Word. This was what happened to Job in the Bible. Reading on the surface, you may think that job suffered the entire calamity he did merely as a trial of his faith. However, Job was the one who opened the way for the enemy to attack him. The devil himself knew Job was protected and that’s why he asked God, “Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?” (Job 1:10). But what was Job’s testimony? He said, “I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came” (Job 3:25). How could Job talk that way when even the devil knew he was protected? Because of his ignorance of the hedge.
You’re the architect of your own blessing or danger. You have the power to create your own danger, so speak only those words that will keep the hedge in its place. Speak words of faith; declare all that God has said about you, irrespective of what the circumstances show you. Remember that the devil can have no access into your life, except you let him.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hedge of protection around me. I recognize that there are angels all around me, and that your anointing has distinguished me from all evil. I walk in dominion and victory every day of my life, reigning and winning, in the Name of the Lord Jesus, Amen!
- Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Invading the Devil’s Territory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Guidance on Warfare with the Adversary: Same Permission, Same Power, Same Devil (childrensbread.com)
- Prayer Points from February RCCG Holy Ghost Service “Lift Up You Head Oh Ye Gates” Psalm 24:7 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s hedge or our hedge? (ajournalofthejourney.wordpress.com)
- Daily Bread for February 23 (drrushoward.com)
- Bible Journey Part Three !!! (ebenezerjmalyi.wordpress.com)
- The Integrity of Job (media4lifeministries.com)
- Faith Child – I am so glad I belong to Jesus (ptl2010.com)
- Matthew 22-24 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Seed of Eternal Hope (agoldentreasury.com)