They’re ordinary people Who love God from the heart
Steve was just an ordinary guy. He quietly served in a church I attended years ago. He helped prepare communion, shoveled the church sidewalks in the winter, and mowed the lawn in the summer. He spent time with teenage boys who had no fathers in the home. I often heard him telling people at church in his quiet way how good the Lord was to him. During prayer meeting he didn’t talk much about himself but would ask us to pray for those he was telling about Jesus’ forgiveness and love.
A verse in John 10 about John the Baptist makes me think of Steve. People said of him: “John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man [Jesus] were true” (v.41). John didn’t perform miracles as Jesus did. He didn’t talk about himself but came to “bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe” (1:7). He said of Jesus, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (1:29). My friend Steve bore witness of that Light as well.
Our aim, as followers of Jesus, is to do the same—to “bear witness of the Light.” We’re just ordinary people, serving God in our little corner of the world. With our quiet deeds and words, let’s point others to the Light! —Anne Cetas
Just what do Christians look like?
What sets their lives apart?
They’re ordinary people
Who love God from the heart. —D. De Haan
Christians are ordinary people who are committed to the extraordinary person of Christ.
- The Lamb of God (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- Simeon Peter and His Life (stocktonbiblechapel.wordpress.com)
- Jesus saves (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Would You Recognize Jesus? (carolynpriesterjones.org)
- John the Baptist was the Greatest (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Life Lessons from John the Baptist and Herod Antipas (jesuscarriesme.com)