Here we see the entirety of the purpose of everything that Jesus did. What did He do? He came to save. He did not come to condemn, and He did not come to sentence anyone. Not then, and not now. He does not come to enforce a sentence upon us or to heap upon us the reward of a wrong that has been done away with. Jesus comes for our greater purpose, the purpose of God. He comes to save. Everything Jesus does has to do with salvation – even a rebuke, even an instruction, even the cleansing of the temple. All of these things have to do with salvation. We will look in the coming days at what Jesus did, and all of the things that are related to the salvation He gave to the world and to us.
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Salvation is for all men (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Salvation Is Quite Sure (brokenbelievers.com)
- Jesus Stands Ready to Save You (jcrylequotes.com)