Suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, . . . and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:2-4, NKJV
On The Wings Of Faith
I understand that a turkey and an eagle react differently to the threat of a storm. A turkey reacts by running under the barn, hoping the storm won’t come near. On the other hand, an eagle leaves the security of its nest and spreads its wings to ride the air currents of the approaching storm, knowing they will carry it higher in the sky than it could soar on its own.
Based on your reaction to the storms of life, which are you?
A turkey or an eagle?
It’s natural for me to be a turkey in my emotions, but I have chosen to be an eagle in my spirit. And as I have spread my wings of faith to embrace the “Wind,” placing my trust in Jesus and Jesus alone, I have experienced quiet, “everyday” miracles:
His joy has balanced my pain.
His power has lifted my burden.
His peace has calmed my worries.
So . . . would you spread your wings of faith and soar?!
- A Fresh Start (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Daily Tidbits 2/6 – The Eagle (littleguyintheeye.wordpress.com)
- The eagle bone whistle…are you one? Must read. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Early Morning Cup of Love- Karen Rowe, Guest Barista (deweymoede.wordpress.com)
- The Holy Spirit (gospelline.net)
- Holy Spirit… (godrocksmysoul.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 30 with Proverbial Wisdom (josephprestonkirk.wordpress.com)