But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20
A friend shared with me the fate of a hoarding grandmother. She refused to part with anything.
She couldn’t rest because junk covered her bed. She lost treasures because they were obscured by mountains of trash. Jewelry, photographs, favorite books—all were hidden.
No rest. No treasures.
Squirrel away your hurts and expect the same. Or clean your house and give the day a fresh chance!
“But” you say, “the hurt is so deep.”
I know, they took so much.
But why let them keep taking from you? Haven’t they stolen enough?
“But, I’ve been so angry for so long.”
Forgiveness won’t come overnight. But you can take the baby steps in the direction of grace. Forgive in phases.
Quit cussing the perpetrator’s name. Start praying for him; understand her.
Give the grace you’ve been given! Make it a day changer!
- Forgiven people forgive people (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Forgive Me (thedarkersideofjo.wordpress.com)
- forgive (rebekahshope.wordpress.com)
- The Power in Forgiveness Pt. 1 (briannaheaden.wordpress.com)
- Why Can’t I Forgive? (readingremy.com)