Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves
Fruits of Humility
An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment.
We use these cries to justify a multitude of sins. The sick, elderly, unwanted and disabled are easy to ignore in our quest for “self,” yet these are the very people Jesus reached out to. Philippians 2:3 tells us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.”
The focus should not be on ourselves, but on Christ, who is the ultimate example of humility. The God of the universe came down to earth and humbled Himself by becoming subject to all the things human beings experience-fear, hunger, weariness.
In John 13:5, He even washes the feet of His disciples: “After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.” Follow His example of humility today. Ask Him to guide you in living a life that honors Him.
- Simplicity and Humility (agoldentreasury.com)
- Resolution 1: Detox (mrsmisenheimer.wordpress.com)
- How to avoid being proud of your humility (mysanantonio.com)
- The power of humility (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Getting ahead without getting a big head (setwatchman.com)
- T R U E H U M I L I T Y (lbbfchurch.wordpress.com)
- Pride and Humility (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- Nature of a Servant (rmgarvin.wordpress.com)
- It’s All About Me! 5 Questions to help you find out if that’s true. (annafinley.wordpress.com)