Cast you burden upon Jesus for He cares for you
Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. —Psalm 55:6
David sighed, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest” (Ps. 55:6). As for me, I’d build a cabin in the Sawtooths, or take a permanent post in a fire-lookout tower. When life weighs on me, I too yearn to fly away and be at rest.
David wrote freely about his circumstances: Violence, oppression, and strife surrounded him on all sides, stirred up by the disloyalty of an old friend (55:8-14). Fear and terror, pain and trembling, anxiety and restlessness overwhelmed him (vv.4-5). Is it any wonder he longed to fly away?
But escape was impossible. He could not evade his lot. He could only give his circumstances to God: “As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice” (vv.16-17).
Whatever our circumstances—a burdensome ministry, a difficult marriage, joblessness, or a deep loneliness—we can give them to God. He has lifted the burden of our sins; will He not lift the weight of our sorrows? We have trusted Him with our eternal souls; can we not entrust our present circumstances to Him? “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you” (55:22). —David Roper
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by. —Oatman
- Keep Faith and Keep Patience (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- How do I respond? (everydayawe.com)
- Wednesday, February 15, 2012 @ Psalms 18-20 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Psalms 34-36 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Hope… (beardedhac.wordpress.com)
- Oh, What needless pain we bear all because we do not carry everything to God in prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Take your burden to the Lord and leave It there (ptl2010.com)
- Prayer Points from February RCCG Holy Ghost Service “Lift Up You Head Oh Ye Gates” Psalm 24:7 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness: Is It Always the Best Answer? (africanempress.wordpress.com)