Man dwells primarily in the physical and emotional realm, but God is a Spirit (1 Sam. 16:7). To have true fellowship with God, we have to relate to God on the spiritual level.
In order to make this possible, God changed our spirit. At salvation, our spirit became totally new (11 Cor. 5:17). It is now righteous and truly holy (Eph. 4:24). It is now exactly the way Jesus is, because our born again spirit is the spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Jn. 4:17; 1 Cor. 6:17; Rom. 8:9; Gal. 4:6).
In our spirits we are worthy to come before God and worship Him without any fear. Our spirit is the only part of us that is worthy. That’s why we must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
When we come before God dwelling on all our failures and problems, we are not approaching Him through our spirit. Our spirit is not our problem. Our born again spirit is perfect.
There is a place for mentioning our problems and failures but it’s not the part of us that has been saved and is in fellowship with God. We must always base our relationship with the Father on who we are in our spirit through Christ Jesus.
- God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and truth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Christian Worship (gospelline.net)
- Just Worship God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What is the High Calling? (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- 8 Elements in True Worship (justificationbygrace.com)
- Thoughts on Worship (gensheer.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Welcome To My Blog (fromyourhearttothelord.wordpress.com)
- He’s got my number… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)